RE: CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] - STEPS TAKEN BY THE COLLEGE
I write to assure you that the College is taking steps as recommended by the Government to ensure the cleanliness and hygiene of College premises.
But there are also steps that you can take:
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water upon arrival. Two verses of Happy Birthday is sufficient
- Avoid shaking hands and ‘air kissing’
- Avoid touching face
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- If possible, wash your hands with soap and hot water every hour.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE, OR THINK YOU HAVE, THE VIRUS
- Do not go to the doctor or hospital. Ring NHS 111 and they will tell you what to do.
- Tell the College immediately if you have been in the College in the previous two weeks so that we can inform the NHS to start tracking students and staff you may have come into contact with.
- Do not come to the College if you have been to one of the infected countries within the last 14 days; you should be self-quarantining.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, or are suspected of having contracted the Virus, please tell the Head of Academic Services, Aleksandra Osiniagova as soon as possible [firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 514 0033 ext.2020].
Many thanks for your full cooperation at this critical time
Number of cases. As of 29 February at 9am, a total of 10,483 people have been tested in the UK, of which 10,460 were confirmed negative and 23 positive.
Geoffrey Alderman (Principal)
9th March 2020