- Understand services provided by the rooms division in diverse contexts
- Understand the impact of contemporary management issues on the effective management and business performance in the front of house area
- Understand factors that contribute to effective management and business performance in the accommodation service function
- Be able to apply techniques to maximise and measure occupancy and rooms revenue.
- Understand different food and beverage production and service systems
- Understand the financial controls used in food and beverage operations
- Be able to devise menus for hospitality events
- Be able to provide food and beverage services for hospitality events.